The 41st Annual Ag Boosters BBQ for the California Women for Agriculture (CWA) and Ag One will be held on Sunday, September 9th at the Borba Ranchlocated at the San Joaquin River and Highway 99 in Madera. The grounds open at 4 pm, and Dinner will be served from 5:30 to 6:30. Individual tickets are $50 each, or you can purchase a table of 10 for $450. Festivities include:
- CWA Country Store featuring handmade arts, crafts and baked goods
- Fresno State Farm products – enjoy award-winning wine, extra virgin olive oil, grapes, and more
- Fresno State sausage sampling sponsored by Fresno-Madera CAPCA
- Cheese tasting sponsored by Valley dairy processors
- Silent and live auctions
- Raffle prizes, a fabulous door prize and much more!
The Ag Boosters Barbecue has raised more than $1 million for both organizations. This support has played an important role in Ag One’s ability to support students and programs in the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology at Fresno State. Since 1979, Ag One has provided some 4,400 students with more than $6.2 million in scholarships as well as program support. More than $19.5 million is endowed with the Fresno State Foundation. In the 2018-2019 academic year, $700,000 will be awarded to deserving students and programs. Additionally, CWA uses the funds raised by the barbecue to help California agriculture through education and legislative programs and by giving nearly $100,000 in scholarships annually. For more information, please contact the Ag One Foundation at California State University, Fresno at (559)278-4266.