This is the final day for producers to sign-up for the Market Facilitation Program and we want to be sure all our California famers have the opportunity to apply.
The information below are the final instructions for producers.
- February 14th is the deadline to apply for the Market Facilitation Program
- Producers can apply without proof of yield, but must certify 2018 production by May 1, 2019.
- USDA previously announced the second and final round of trade mitigation payments.
- Producers need only sign-up once to be eligible for the first and second payments.
- Producers of corn, cotton, dairy, hogs, almonds, sorghum, soybeans, fresh sweet cherries, and wheat should their local FSA Office or apply online or by email at www.farmers.gov/mfp
- For more information, or to make an appointment to apply, please call your local FSA Office.
How to Apply
MFP applications are available online at www.farmers.gov/MFP. Applications can be completed at a local FSA office or submitted electronically either by scanning, emailing or faxing. To locate or contact your local FSA office, visit www.farmers.gov.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Brooke Raffaele at the USDA California Farm Service Agency at 530-219-7747.